Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arjan 21 posts 91 karma points
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 11:43
    Arjan

Doctype-Content Overview for all 7.x versions

hello, created a doctype-contentnode overview using the API, it shows all defined doctypes and the full path of the associated content nodes in a single html file. To keep it simple I've no gui interface planned

I have two Questions,

1:

I developed it inside an existing umbraco project but now like to make it pluggable in any of our umbraco projects. Now in order to build my code outside of an existing umbraco project I need to embed it in a solution containing a reference to umbraco nuget, but when importing it in the Uproject where i want to use it, don't want those deps to be imported as well as the version might be slightly different. How do handle the deps so I stay out of trouble?

Within a project, I plan to use it to compare between 2 repositories, eg between production and development. Preferably i just configure two DSN strings and run the utility against those two repositories so I can compare the output using diff tools. My problem here is that the api seems to auto-use umbracoDSN and I see no entry to another dsn, how do run the same code against 2 configurable DSN's?

thanks A

• Arjan 21 posts 91 karma points
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 13:29
    Arjan

Another question here: many of our projects use different 7.x umbraco versions. I'm looking for the way to develop a utility that is able to connect to multiple 7.x versions without auto-running the update wizard.

Can this be done using the Api or should I revert to plain sql?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft