Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manikandan 15 posts 96 karma points
    Feb 25, 2016 @ 08:26
    Manikandan

Url rewrite in umbraco 7.3 and IIS version 7

I am using umbraco 7.3 and IIS version 7. I want to rewrite my url form "practices/transactional/communications-technology/" to "practices/communications-technology/" using my urlrewrite.config but it not working .please give the solution.

<add name="transactional" 
                    virtualUrl="practices/transactional/communications-technology/dashboard" 
                    rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString" 
                    destinationUrl="practices/transactional/communications-technology/" 
                    ignoreCase="true" />

thanks in advance

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Feb 25, 2016 @ 10:26
    Bijesh Tank

Hi,

You could try something like this:

<add name="some_name"
                   redirect="Domain"
                   ignoreCase="true" 
                   rewriteUrlParameter="IncludeQueryStringForRewrite"
                   virtualUrl="~/practices/transactional/communications-technology/dashboard"
                   redirectMode="Permanent"
                   destinationUrl="~/practices/transactional/communications-technology" />

You could also try installing the IIS Rewrite extension and set up your rules from there instead.

/B

Feb 25, 2016 @ 13:42
    Manikandan

Thank you Bijesh Tank. i have tried it. But it is not working . My url not changing from "practices/transactional/capital-markets-securities/" to"practices/transactional/capital-markets-securities/dashboard". Is there any other possible way to re write the url by config file or am i missing any of steps to cover in anyother sectionfor urlrewrite.

Feb 25, 2016 @ 13:53
    Bijesh Tank

I would recommend installing the IIS URL Rewrite extension instead to handle with rewrites and redirections. With this extion you can define your rules via IIS rather than using the Umbraco urlrewrite.config.

Feb 25, 2016 @ 14:29
    Manikandan

if u don't mind, can you tell me how to rewrite the url.i've done the installation but i dont know how to proceed further

Feb 25, 2016 @ 14:36
    Bijesh Tank

When you view your site in IIS, you should see an icon that says "IIS Rewrite". In that section you can configure your rewrites.

enter image description here

Feb 26, 2016 @ 06:47
    Manikandan

Ya it works fine. But i need to done the rewrite url with the urlrewrit.config. Can u help me for that process.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft