Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max Edwards 26 posts 50 karma points
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 12:20
    Max Edwards

Ultimate picker data type used on a blog post in Blog 4 Umbraco doesn't work

I have a requirement to have multiple blogs on the same site. Three individual blogs and one company wide blog. When a user is posting to their blog they want the ability to also post it on the company blog. I have had to modify the new create blog page to provide a drop down list to pick which blog you want to post on because that screen just posts to the first blog the user has access to. I want a second control to pick which blog(s) to also cross post to. The solution I was going for was to create a data type based on the ultimate picker using checkbox list to list all of the blogs and add that to the blog post document type. When creating a blog you would also select which other blogs is should appear in. The final step would involve changing the XSLT's which list the blog posts to find anything in their tree or anything in another blog tree that should be also displayed. This means that the post would only be in one place but visible on the front end from multiple blogs. 

The problem I have hit is that the ultimate picker does not display on the create blog post page. The label does but the list of check boxes do not. It does appear when you create a new page of type blog post. I seem to be able to use other data types and they will appear on the create blog post page just not the ultimate picker.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Also how difficult is it in Umbraco to create multiple content nodes that reference the same storage? This is the alternative to the way I am trying to do it but it seemed too daunting!

Thanks

Max

• Max Edwards 26 posts 50 karma points
    Mar 16, 2010 @ 13:09
    Max Edwards

This is the code where the controls are added tot he CreatePost control:

blogpostControls.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<p><label for=\"" + dt.DataEditor.Editor.ClientID
        + "\"><strong>" + pt.Name + "</strong>" + "</label>"));
    blogpostControls.Controls.Add(dt.DataEditor.Editor);
    blogpostControls.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("</p>"));

At this point everything looks ok, and the ultimate picker's DataEditor.Editor is not null. Its just doesn't render any content to the client.

Can someone give me a pointer on how to debug the next step and find out why nothing is rendered to the client?

Many thanks

Max

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft