Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bharath 40 posts 62 karma points
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 19:55
    Bharath

How do i use API for programming against the Database content

I want to know the steps that are required to use the umbraco API and fetch the data from Database used by Umbraco CMS.

What are the CMS API related configurations that i need to include in web.config of EXTERNAL ASP.NET application in order to fetch the data from CMS?

Plan is

=============

1. Use the Umbraco CMS interface to do content authoring. 

2. Desired authored content will be used by EXTERNAL ASP.NET applications to display the data.

Mar 15, 2010 @ 20:58
    Bharath

Can anyone tell me how to use the umbraco API and fetch the data in umbraco CMS?

I have some set of external ASP.NET applications that need to get data from Umbraco CMS that was content authored. Please suggest.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 22:37
    Aaron Powell

If you're wanting to access data from tables which aren't Umbraco tables then I wouldn't use the Umbraco API, I'd use LINQ to SQL. In fact, that's what we do use at TheFARM.

If you're wanting to access data which was generated from Umbraco (edited document) then you want to use the nodeFactory section of the API or umbraco.library.

You can use that to either return XPathNodeItterators and work with the XML, or return a Node object and work with a weakly-typed .NET object.

Mar 16, 2010 @ 00:14
    Bharath

I want to use the NodeFactory API's for fetching the Umbraco Data.

However i am not sure what are the configurations that i need to use in EXTERNAL ASP.NET applications inorder for getting the Umbraco's data?

please suggest the web.config settings that i need to do, in order to fetch the Umbraco's data?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2010 @ 09:52
    Dirk De Grave

If you need access from external applications, consider using the webservices api. Or if this limits you, build your own webservices, host them on the umbraco running website and use those from your external applications.

All services can be accessed from http://my.domain.com/umbraco/webservices/api/X.asmx

where X can be DocumentService, MediaService, FileService, MaintenanceService, MemberService, ...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Fedor 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 08, 2012 @ 10:01
    Fedor

Please help.  Trying to do same things, from asp.net application read data from database umbraco. 

Added reference to 4 dll, connection string to webconfig.

Run next simple code,

Node MyNode = new Node (1079);

but in SQL profiler I saw tens and hundreds statement 

exec sp_executesql N'Select userNoConsole, userDisabled, userType, startStructureID, startMediaId, userName,userLogin,userEmail,userDefaultPermissions, userLanguage, defaultToLiveEditing from umbracoUser where id = @id',N'@id int',@id=0

Of course application failed after that. What it can be? May be I also need to change something in settings in property of document 1079, public access? Don't know.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft