Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Stannard 14 posts 32 karma points
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 15:29
    Andrew Stannard

Error publishing document 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

I am using the api and trying to publish a document that has had its properties updated. Using Save, Publish,  or PublishSingleNode methods thows the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

my code is as follows:

Document doc = new Document(UniqueId);
                doc.getProperty("individuals").Value = bizdata.Individuals;

doc.UpdateDate =DateTime.Now;
                //doc.Save();

//doc.SendToPublication(umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.GetUser(0));
                doc.Publish(new User(0));

umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(doc.Id);
                return doc;

Can anyone help please?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 23:53
    Aaron Powell

Do you have any event handlers wired up?

Can you provide the full stack trace?

Mar 30, 2010 @ 10:47
    Andrew Stannard

Hi, I cannot I am affraid as it gives this message: {Cannot evaluate expression because the current thread is in a stack overflow state.}

I dont have an event handlers hooked up at the moment.

Currently I am testing this on my local pc to a database that is hosted on a remote server. It pulls the document out okay but saving them back to the database is causing the issues.

Mar 30, 2010 @ 14:29
    Andrew Stannard

I went into the application log of my computer and found these two errors that may make some sense to someone:

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: WebDev.WebServer.exe

Process ID: 5396

Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Message: Type 'umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException' in Assembly 'umbraco.DataLayer, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

StackTrace:    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossAppDomainSerializer.SerializeObject(Object obj, MemoryStream stm)
       at System.AppDomain.Serialize(Object o)
       at System.AppDomain.MarshalObject(Object o)

AND this error as well:

EventType clr20r3, P1 webdev.webserver.exe, P2 9.0.0.0, P3 4731664b, P4 umbraco.datalayer, P5 0.3.0.0, P6 4bb1c884, P7 17, P8 2c, P9 umbraco.datalayer.sqlhelper, P10 NIL.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 00:04
    Aaron Powell

Is your connection string correct? I see that error a lot when the connection string for Umbraco is incorrect, it'll get itself into an infinite loop and things go bad :P

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft