Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bharath 40 posts 62 karma points
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 16:49
    Bharath

How to enable webservices in Umbraco?

How to enable webservices in Umbraco 4.0.3?

Let me know what are the changes that i need to make in the WEB.CONFIG files? 

When i tried access the Document Service, WebservicesEnabled webmethod responds with false as response. Please help.

Invoke:

http://localhost/umbraco/webservices/api/DocumentService.asmx/WebservicesEnabled

Response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<boolean xmlns="http://umbraco.org/webservices/">false</boolean>

• Bharath 40 posts 62 karma points
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 17:10
    Bharath

Ok i found out... in \config\umbracoSettings.config

changed the <webservices enabled="True">

• santosh 8 posts 25 karma points
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 18:30
    santosh

I am not able to access them even after enabling the webservices in umbracosettings.config. I am still getting the return value as false. Am i missing anything here?

• Adrian Hesketh 7 posts 27 karma points
    Dec 02, 2010 @ 16:08
    Adrian Hesketh

The Web Services are broken out of the box in Umbraco 4.5.  I had to download the source code (go to releases > umbraco4.5) and then compile the application in Visual Studio.  I could then copy the umbraco.webservices.dll from the releases\umbraco 4.5\components\umbraco.webservices\bin\Debug\ directory into the bin directory of the Umbraco installation.  It then worked fine for me.

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 17:52
    Connie DeCinko

How are they broken?  Are they broken in Umbraco 4.5.2?

• Adrian Hesketh 7 posts 27 karma points
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 18:10
    Adrian Hesketh

I installed Umbraco using the Web Platform Installer two days ago (4.5.2), when I then attempted to access the services out of the box, I received a type not found exception.  This was because the bin directory didn't contain the binaries for the Web Service.  Compiling the application and loading the new binaries into the bin directory of my Umbraco installation resolved the issue for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft