Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan Möller 83 posts 137 karma points
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 09:53
    Johan Möller

Error when creating node in custom section.

I've built a custom section that i built from Tims custom section pack. When i had done a few changes i wanted to change the name of the section, namespace and such. Most things are still working but now im getting this error when i create new nodes. it appears after ive filled in the name for the new node and clicked create (shows inside the popup dialog.) So is there any common reason for getting this here? I thought it was the type in the UI.xml but im pretty sure its correct.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type]
    System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +7469174
    System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) +6
    umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\create\dialogHandler_temp.cs:63
    umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 NodeId, String Text) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\create\dialogHandler_temp.cs:47
    umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.simple.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\create\simple.ascx.cs:50
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565
  • Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 11:00
    Aaron Powell

You're pretty sure, or you're 100% sure?

The error is that .NET is unable to locate the type specified, which results in a null being passed into Activator.CreateInstance.

• Johan Möller 83 posts 137 karma points
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 11:20
    Johan Möller

Well now that i knew that was it i looked further into it and noticed i hadnt changed my namespace correctly. Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft