Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DCH 18 posts 38 karma points
    May 27, 2010 @ 12:04
    DCH

Umbraco running on a Load Balanced IIS 7.5 Configuration

I have an Umbraco website that is running on IIS7.5 and is Load Balanced. The users are updating via one side only so that we don't get any issues whilst updating the site. The problem is, each day we have to force a restart of the website by touching the web.config file. If we don't touch the web.config file, the users are displayed with an Object reference not set to an instance of an object error. I have configured the DistributedCall element in the umbracoSettings config file, but can't figure out why I have to keep restarting the website.

Any ideas?

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 27, 2010 @ 19:36
    Chris Dunn

DHC,

Check out the specific errors on your server(s) event log and the umbracoLog table in the database.  Might give you some more information.

Are your production servers sharing the same filesystem or are you syncing the files?  If your syncing, you may want to check that process since it could cause issues if not all files are updated (and dependencies) when they want to be used.

When you publish do the results show on all the load balanced servers, or do you need to recycle the app _pool to show the changes?  If this is the case I would make sure the box you are using to update content, can communicate with all of the other servers.

We ran into some issues with both the file-sync being off and a network adapter being corrupt, which didn't allow the "pings" to happen consistently.

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft