Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeppe Vammen Kristensen 10 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 09, 2010 @ 12:57
    Jeppe Vammen Kristensen

DatePicker in Umbraco 4.1

Hi

I'm  trying to use a datePicker in my user control. In version 4.0.4 and previous it could be done like so:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="UmbracoCMS" Assembly="cms" Namespace="umbraco.controls"%>

<UmbracoCMS:datePicker id="StartDatePicker" runat="server" ShowTime="false" EnableViewState="true"/>

However it seems that the cms.dll has changed its name to umbraco.Legacy (from the source code). The umbraco.Legacy.dll is also not present in the bin (The beta2 download).

How should my markup look to make this work? Thanks in advance for your help

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jun 09, 2010 @ 14:52
    Aaron Powell

There is no server-side date picker being shipped in Umbraco 4.1. Previously it used the AjaxControlToolkit IIRC but now we've got a much sexier jQuery UI date picker. It's also a hell of a lot smaller in terms of file size, making Umbraco a much smaller release.

The purpose of the umbraco.legacy project is to have a central location where everything we removed is available still. This will not be included in the install as it would defeat the purpose. We'll either make it a separate download or you'll need to compile it yourself.

But really you should look into using the jQuery UI one, it's a lot nicer a component for users and has a much smaller footprint, making your site more performant.

• Jeppe Vammen Kristensen 10 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 09, 2010 @ 15:26
    Jeppe Vammen Kristensen

Super. Thanks for the help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft