Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Fosgerau 65 posts 89 karma points
    Jun 21, 2010 @ 16:42
    Jan Fosgerau

Rich Text Editor - show content as it is on page

Hey there

im fairly new to umbraco and unsure about the umbraco coding in this regard.

I have made a website and a small thing i was asked if was possible.

1. could the rich text editor that i use on my site be shown in the same sixe (width wise) in the umbraco and/or Canvas?

because when you enter the rich text editor the field in the umbraco expands and doesent look like the page it posts to
    I am using the rich text editor to post content into a div that is 555 px wide and 600(min) height (expands on content)

is it possible to have the editor be a specific sixe ? so it more closely resembles the area it is gonna post to ?

i dont know what happens to the text editor why it expands such as it does messing up text/pictures placed in the content area.

on the web page it looks nice and all - but you have to more back and forth a couple of times before you got the right position (like with pictures and such)

if anyone got a suggestion on this it would be much appreciated.

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Jun 21, 2010 @ 16:55
    dandrayne

Hi Jan

In your developer section, expand the datatypes treee and look for "Rich text editor".  Click on it, and In these options settings you can set the height and width of the editor window.  You can also attach stylesheets to the editor to influence the style of the elements within it and adding e.g. headers to the "styles dropdown"

See http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-%28tinymce%29/add-styles-to-the-drop-down-menu-for-editors-to-use

Dan

• Jan Fosgerau 65 posts 89 karma points
    Jun 21, 2010 @ 17:17
    Jan Fosgerau

yeh i tried that.

but when i set he height / width of the editor it doesent do anything - the editor is monstrously wide and has a scrollbar on itregardless of what i do ?

(im talking aboutt he editor it self - not what it shows on site)

have made styles for that Style dropdown and that works fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft