Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Stevenson-Leggett 38 posts 110 karma points
    Jul 01, 2010 @ 16:24
    Rob Stevenson-Leggett

Umbraco Examine RC2 broke my back office search in umbraco 4.0.3

Hi,

I've installed Umbraco Examine RC2 and it works great for front end search. Back office search, however, now doesn't work at all. The index is empty and I get a load of the following errors in the umbracoLog table when I hit /umbraco/reindex.aspx

Error indexing node: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Lucene.Net.Documents.Document.Add(Lucene.Net.Documents.Field)'.     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.IndexNode(Guid ObjectType, Int32 Id, String Text, String UserName, DateTime CreateDate, Hashtable Fields, Boolean Optimize)     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Index(Boolean Optimze)

I'm guessing this is due to replacing Lucene 2.9.1 with 2.9.2 which is required by Examine RC2.

Am I doing something completely wrong? Is there a way for the 2 versions of Lucene to coexist?

Regards,

Rob

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jul 02, 2010 @ 01:16
    Aaron Powell

No, you can't have 2 versions of the assembly as far as I'm aware. If you're using Examine the back-office search wont work in 4.0.x (although it generally didn't work anyway)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft