Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 24 posts 64 karma points
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:01
    Simon

Editing options in UI for inserting hyperlinks

Hi guys, our company has just got a new website and the backend uses umbraco. I am in charge of all the back end stuff and another guy is in charge of inputting information. He wanted to know if i could make it so that when you insert a hyperlink, the default option is that it opens the hyperlink in a new window rather than in the frame. I have been looking into this all day and i cannot see where this can be changed. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Simon Ineson

• AN 22 posts 42 karma points
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:07
    AN

If you are using the tiny mce editor, found when using a richtext editor datatype, then the anchor button opens a new window, where you insert the link, and can select from a select list what to do.. Including opening the link in a new window.

Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:19
    Simon

yeah i have seen that but i wanted to know if you could change the order of the list so that the top option is set to open link in new window. Most of our links need to be opened in new window and the guy keeps forgetting to set it and wanted it default.

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:29
    Matt Brailsford

I'm pretty sure there is no way to admin this. The best I could come up with (which I probably wouldn't recommend) is to modify /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/insertLink.aspx and add some javascript to auto select it on page load. Should work, but if you do an upgrade, you'll loose your changes.

Matt

Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:33
    Simon

Ok buddy thanks anyway, he'll just have to live with it.

• AN 22 posts 42 karma points
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:45
    AN

Simon. Does your contentguy work in Firefox? If so, a solution might be to install greasemonkey and just do a small JavaScript script.. Ofcource this solution is way out there..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft