Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Christoffersen 64 posts 119 karma points
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 16:23
    Dan Christoffersen

Data Editors and publish/unpublish events?

I have made e new dataEditor for handling tags. I know Umbraco comes with one, but I'm not satified with it's functianlity, as I need to delete tags when no nodes uses them.

But the problem is, that the data is stored in the database whenever the node is saved and not when the node is published. This results in tags in the database refering to unpublished nodes.

Is there a way to trigger when the node is published/unpublished directly in the Data Editor?

Is there anything like "base.DataEditorControl.onPublish" and "base.DataEditorControl.onUnPublish"?

I could use the normal eventHandler "Document.BeforePublish", but then I need to iterate the node's properties, to see if it used the dataEditor - not sure if that's even possible - nonetheless that solution seems wrong.

Aug 09, 2010 @ 14:49
    Dan Christoffersen

Just a quick refresh to this post. Hopefully someone has a clever solution ;-)

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 20:53
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Don't have a complete solution for you, but you need to iterate through the property values to access the tags. There is no event for it.

Cheers,

Richard

Aug 11, 2010 @ 12:33
    Dan Christoffersen

Thank you for your reply, Richard.

A bit disapointing, though. Will do it the hard way then ;-)

Cheers,
    Dan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft