Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    Jul 21, 2010 @ 22:15
    arviman

Where's umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider in the 4.5 source?

Hi,

I had to make some minor changes in the 4.5 source to add 301 rewriting in the requestModule.cs file in the umbraco.presentation project. I built the project and copied the modified dll's from the bin folder onto my umbraco 4.5 website. I had done a similar thing in my 4.0.1 website without problems, and assumed it would work for 4.5 as well.

When I try to access the umbraco backend I get the following error:

(I tried searching for CanvasClientDependencyProvider in the source but I could not find it. Is it safe for me to remove the offending line from the ClientDependency.config file?)

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider' from assembly 'umbraco'.

Source Error:

Line 19:       <add name="LoaderControlProvider" type="ClientDependency.Core.FileRegistration.Providers.LoaderControlProvider, ClientDependency.Core"/>
    Line 20: <!-- Used for loading dependencies in Canvas mode -->
    Line 21: <add name="CanvasProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider, umbraco" />
    Line 22: </providers>
    Line 23: </fileRegistration>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\Mediahouse Website (Upgraded)\config\ClientDependency.config    Line: 21

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jul 22, 2010 @ 00:48
    Jul 22, 2010 @ 03:28
    arviman

Awesome! Thanks a bunch Slace. The file has dependencies to assemblies not included in the 4.5.0 source though. I was just wondering, would it be ok for me to take the latest 4.5.1 changeset, customize the source and then drop the build on the 4.5.0 site?

Or would i have to copy the /umbraco,/umbraco_client or any config files as well?

Jul 22, 2010 @ 06:53
    Aaron Powell

All files required to build 4.5 are on Codeplex, it's how we work on it.

I wouldn't recommend running a hybrid site, always run the actual version, otherwise you can expect problems.

Also, you can inherit the type rather than modifying the source, then change the config to point to your 'custom' provider.

Jul 28, 2010 @ 22:35
    arviman

I tried downloading the source from the version you provided, and somehow that file alone is missing. It's strange that all the releases i've download (4.5, release 73508, and 4.5.1) have the same file missing in the source.

The other sibling files (DefaultLiveEditingContext.cs, ILiveEditingContext.cs,LiveEditing.cd and utility.cs) are present though. Perhaps there's an error in how the build is being packaged.

So I manually created the file, and I would like to know where's the LazyLoadProvider that's the parent for the CanvasClientDependencyProvider?

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2010 @ 22:45
    arviman

I think I might know what i've been doing wrong. I was building off the solution in the trunk, whereas the 4.1.0 version contains the files.

It seems counter-intuitive to build the 4.5 version off the 4.1.0 branch rather than trunk, but is that the right way to go about it?

Jul 29, 2010 @ 00:35
    Aaron Powell

Correct, we haven't merged the changes into the trunk yet so it is a bit of a misnomer still

• Leon Jollans 41 posts 65 karma points
    Oct 24, 2010 @ 21:59
    Leon Jollans

I just had the same issue (hence how I found this thread) building trunk into a 4.5 install base. I've now picked up the latest of everything via SVN - should I be working off the 4.10 branch still as above? Or one of the others?

to be honest the main thing I want is to be able to step through with the debugger to get a handle on all the new stuff since 3.0.3

Oct 25, 2010 @ 00:01
    Aaron Powell

The latest source is in $/branches/4.1

That isn't the 4.5 source code, that's the latest check ins for 4.6. If you want the 4.5 source code download the changeset associated with the release you require.

• Leon Jollans 41 posts 65 karma points
    Oct 25, 2010 @ 10:48
    Leon Jollans

cool, thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft