Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Halldór Hrafn Gíslason 30 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 26, 2010 @ 16:47
    Halldór Hrafn Gíslason

Creating members in v4.1+ using CreateUserWizard

What is the smartest way to create members in Umbraco 4.1+ these days?

Now that Umbraco is mainly (or only) using .net's membership framework, I'd like to dive into this thing while being future compliant.

I'm also hoping to use .net's built-in controls, such as CreateUserWizard. But I also want to be able to require the user to privide custom information during regiastration. For example I'd like new users to provide First name, Last name, email and password. To add to the customization I'd also like to use the email as the login.

I've read many blogs and forum topics many which seem promising, but all are pretty old. That is they usually are much older than 4.1+.

Since Umbraco has implemented the Membership feature from .net (which I feel is a smart thing), it would also be nice to know how to use it :o)

So, to sum up my question; How would I implement custom properties during member registration in an elegent way?

p.s. I have managed to set up the CreateUserWizard control so that it does create members with the email as login. But I'm missing the custom properties and the standard "Name" property of the newly created member also has the email (or the login name for that matter).

• Halldór Hrafn Gíslason 30 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 12:33
    Halldór Hrafn Gíslason

Does anyone have some insight into this?

Something to point me into the right direction (and possibly away from the old).

Any help would be appreciated :-D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft