Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DavidS 17 posts 38 karma points
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 18:22
    DavidS

Include .ashx file in package

I've developed a little application which extends Tim Geyssen's Zip upload and wanted to share it out as a package but I've encountered two problems.

1. After packaging all the necessary files, I get the error documented here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/3507-Install-local-package---%27Could-not-upload-file%27-error. I tracked it down and it was being caused by the fact that the package contains a handler .ashx file. So here my question is how do I get that file into the package so that others can use my package?
    2. Just like Tim Geyssen's zip upload, a new UI appears when clicking on the Media section. However despite adding:

<Actions>
        <Actions>
          <Action runat="install" alias="addDashboardSection" dashboardAlias="MyDashboardSection">
            <section>
              <areas>
                <area>media</area>
              </areas>
              <tab caption="Flash Zip Upload">
                <control>/usercontrols/zipupload.ascx</control>
              </tab>
            </section>
          </Action>
        </Actions>
      </Actions>

in the "Actions" tab, the dashboard.config file doesn't get updated after the package gets installed.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

TIA,

David

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 00:03
    Ismail Mayat

David,

What version of umbraco are you using? I have created packages in umbraco pre 4.1 and have added ashx files successfully.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 06, 2010 @ 10:26
    DavidS

Hi Ismail,

Thank you for the reply. I'm using 4.5.1 and with regards the ashx files being added, I've got to the bottom of it. Basically, I was adding it to the root of the website and getting this error. However, after putting the ashx file in a folder under the root (to test it, I put it in the usercontrols folder), I had no problems.I should have posted it earlier but I only found the answer, late this morning.

Now, I hope I'll be able to work out why the dashboard.config is not getting populated and I'll report back if I find out anything.

David

Aug 06, 2010 @ 12:04
    DavidS

I've found the answer as to why the action wasn't getting written to the dashboard.config. In the original post, I had

<Actions>
        <Actions>

There is no need for these enclosing tags. All that was required was:

<Action runat="install" alias="addDashboardSection" dashboardAlias="MyDashboardSection">
            <section>
              <areas>
                <area>media</area>
              </areas>
              <tab caption="Flash Zip Upload">
                <control>/usercontrols/zipupload.ascx</control>
              </tab>
            </section>
          </Action>

as per http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/package-actions-reference/add-dashboard-section.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft