Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kjeldsen 11 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 02:22
    Kjeldsen

Macros in RTE

Hi fellow Umbracians,

I've been playing a bit with a new project on the 4.5 - and in particular i've used macro inserting in the text editor in a couple of different ways.

However - when I place a macro in the RTE I get the text No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing

This, I guess, suggest that in fact there is some way to let users edit this text, and making it available to the macro.

It would be useful for me to have a user friendly method of letting end users edit macro parameter content, without deleting and reinserting the macro - and without using the HTML edit feature.

All comments appreciated :)

Brgds.

Anders

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 04:25
    Aaron Powell

When you create a macro there is a property which you can check that says Render content in editor, and what this will do is attempt to execute the macro and display the result of it in the RTE for your to see.

This is straight-output of the macro, not an editing view. To edit macro properties in the RTE you need to select the macro and then click the "Insert Macro" toolbar option, this will detect that you've selected a macro and show its properties for editing.

I tend to leave macros un-rendered in the RTE because it makes the page faster as the macro doesn't execute, and it also doesn't give editors a false impression of how the macro may look, since you're not inline of the page it's not 100% representative of what it will look like (generally there is CSS missing, etc).

Also node, when you first add a macro to the RTE (ie - before you save/ save & publish) the "No macro content..." message will appear. The contents are only rendered (assuming it's selected) from a full page load.

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 10:33
    Sascha Wolter

Thanks very much for the info slace, that's good to know!

• Kjeldsen 11 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 07, 2010 @ 00:52
    Kjeldsen

Thanks for your answer :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft