Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• zeekaak 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 18, 2010 @ 09:31
    zeekaak

Multiple navigation

Is it possible to have multiple navigation in a website (Main menu, footer menu)

so your content tree looks like this

• Home
      • Main menu
        • item 1
        • item 2
        • item 3
        • item 4
        • item 5
      • Footer menu
        • item 6
        • item 7
        • item 8

so, main menu and footer menu is only used for grouping your navigation items. it isn't used in the url

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 18, 2010 @ 09:37
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I would just structure the site the way it needs to be structured (structuring through menu position doesn't seem very logical to me). Then I'd add two properties to the top level menu items, both True/False: "Show in main menu?" and "Show in footer menu?".

You can pass a parameter to your navigation macro, that indicates whether you want to render the main menu or the footer menu (or create two seperate macro's) and filter using the above checkbox values. 

• Dwayne A 97 posts 117 karma points
    May 18, 2011 @ 10:12
    Dwayne A

Sebastian, I am sitting with a similar situation and struggling a bit with the practical side.

I am redeveloping a site with 5 menus. These are different categories, and links need to be sorted accordingly, depending on categpry. I have little experience passing parameters to macros. Could you perhaps explain how to do this? I have a DataType that is functioning and may be useful as well. The user choses one of five values for each page, and this value determines which CSS class is called to the page. Could this be used to test which menu the page link belongs to?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft