Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• RoboDog 21 posts 41 karma points
    Aug 23, 2010 @ 17:11
    RoboDog

Eaxmine and storing orginal text in lucene index

Ok so ive been some good advise as how to do this by hooking the DocumentWrite method of Examine however Inheriting from ApplcationBase doesnt seem to work any more in 4.5 as these event never fire, any ideas ? and when say any events i mean i cant get any event to fire.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 24, 2010 @ 00:48
    Aaron Powell

I've had no problems using ApplicationBase in 4.5.

Alternatively you can override the umbraco.Global class and create your own global.asax (make sure you delete App_global.asax.dll too) and then override the Application_State method and attach the event there.

For future reference there's information on storing the original text on Examine here: http://farmcode.org/post/2010/08/23/Text-casing-and-Examine.aspx

Aug 24, 2010 @ 12:29
    RoboDog

Your post is great once i worked out that it has to be used against the latest 4.5.1 checkin to work how ever i still have one big problem inheriting from applicationbase in the latest version doesnt work and i cant seem to find umbraco.global lol

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 24, 2010 @ 13:47
    Ismail Mayat

Robodog,

See http://ismailmayat.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/integrating-log4net-into-umbraco-site/ about creating your own global.asax however i have been using ApplicationBase with no issues in 4.5.1 can you paste your code see if we can see anything there.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 24, 2010 @ 14:28
    RoboDog

Thanks guys but ive got it working now think i had some strangeness with my gac.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft