Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 16:51
    Folkert

Create masterpage with package

I'm not very experienced with creating packages but I was wondering if it is possible to create files/masterpages with the use of a usercontrol(loaded after installation of a package).

I've created a usercontrol wich writes a file to the filesystem, which is running fine when not used as a package. When I load the usercontrol after installation of the package, nothing happens. So, I'm wondering if it'sis possible and if so, what am I missing and where can I find more information about fireing events in the usercontrol after package installation.

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 17:34
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Folkert,

Try this:

using umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template;

public partial class MyUserControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl {
    protected void Page_Load() {
    if (!IsPostBack) {
    Template mytemplate = Template.MakeNew("myNewTemplateName", User.GetUser(0)); /* This is the root admin user */
    }
    }

You can then use the Template members to add your masterpage code. See the Umbraco API documentation for full details (namespace umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template).

HTH,

Benjamin

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 09:27
    Folkert

Thanx, I didn't know I had to use the api.

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 10:59
    Jamie Howarth

Hey Folkert,

No worries - it's cause the templates are also stored in the DB, creating them on the filesystem isn't enough - Umbraco doesn't implement a FileSystemWatcher on the ~/masterpages folder.

Best,

Benjamin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft