Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Travis 19 posts 46 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 11:40
    Travis

Examine indexing Relations

I have a situation where I am searching over 2 related node types, Product and Items.  Its a 2 way relationship.  

A product contains the price, description and some other data.  It has relations to the items it contains.

EG - product: Gift Basket, $50, a large gift basket.  Has relations to items - chocolate bar, bottle of wine, crackers.

The items contain then full details about the item - chocolate bar: Dark, 75% cocoa etc

As I haven't work out how to index the relations searching for dark chocolate isn't going to get me any information about Products that contain Dark chocolate, just as searching for Gift baskets isn't going to know that the gift basket contains dark chocolate.  

Is there any way to setup my config to include the Relations?  Preferably based on the Relation type ID. Or do I need to look at a more elaborate solution?  

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 13:18
    Ismail Mayat

Travis,

You need to implement the gatheringnode event and put appropriate data into the index see http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/11667-GatheringNodeData-examine-event?p=0#comment45722

Its not for relations type but you get the idea.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft