Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arnold Visser 418 posts 778 karma points hq c-trib
    Sep 21, 2010 @ 21:24
    Arnold Visser

Multi content picker when creating package?

Is it possible to include multiple content nodes when creating a package.
    You can't select the content "root" node to include all...

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Sep 21, 2010 @ 21:39
    Kim Andersen

I have thought about this as well, and I can't seem to find a way to do it through the Umbraco Backend.

The solution i used was to first select a node through the content picker the normal way. Afterwards I created another package with another node as the "root"-node. What I wanted was to include both the content from package1 and package2 inside of one package. So I did this manually inside the XML of the package this way:

After downloading the two packages, I unpacked both of them and opened up the two package.xml-files. Then i copy/pasted the section about "content" from package 2 into the package.xml-file in package 1. Now I had all of my content inside of one package. Does that make sense? Of course I had to zip the package again before installing it into another installation of Umbraco.

It's a bit difficult, but it works. I would wish that it was possible through the Umbraco backoffice when creating the package, but maybe that's a nice feature in the future :)

/Kim A

• Ivan 165 posts 543 karma points
    Jan 02, 2013 @ 21:58
    Ivan

Hi guys.

Has anything changed since 2010?

It seems there's still no posibility to add multiple content nodes to a package.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2016 @ 16:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Just had the same problem.

Has anything changed ?

• Jay 409 posts 635 karma points
    Dec 07, 2022 @ 12:15
    Jay

Bumping this one too, still no changes?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft