Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 12:42
    Gianluca

TaskScheduler module vs. scheduledTasks

Hi folks,

I've seen there is a TaskScheduler module available in Internet as an additional package for Umbraco.

I am running Umbraco 4.5.2 and I've seen also that there is a <scheduledTasks /> section in umbracoSettings.config.

I guess that TaskScheduler permits to handle and configure the tasks to run in Umbraco backend. But further than this, what are the main differences between the two approaches? Can someone provide a brief insight on the matter?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Gianluca.

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 13:01
    Jonas Eriksson

Afaik the package adds a scheduled task for you and sets up logic to help you handle tasks at the scheduled moments you like. With the built in scheduler there is only an interval option. So you'll have to write some code to handle schedules like "8 o clock each day" or "each monday and friday".

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 15:58
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

As Jonas said the Umbraco scheduled tasks schedule a url for a certain interval. With TaskScheduler you can schedule an Url for a certain day/time Th TaskScheduler is built on top op the Umbraco Scheduled task functionality.

Cheers,

Richard

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 29, 2010 @ 14:04
    Gianluca

Hi guys,

Thank you both for your answers. 

Cheers,

Gianluca.

• Eran 292 posts 436 karma points
    Dec 02, 2010 @ 01:13
    Eran

just for general interest, can you guys give me popular scenarios how do you use the TaskScheduler package.
    if find that interesting to see how people use packages in a ways that i didnt think about.

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 23:18
    Connie DeCinko

Appears TaskScheduler no longer works with latest versions of Umbraco.

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 10:41
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi Richard,

In umbraco 4.11.8 TaskScheduler 1.0 not working can you provide  me updated package.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 10:55
    Richard Soeteman

There is no updated package for 4.x Make sure it's added to ScheduledTasks section and make sure the website is running. then it should pick up the scheduled tasks.

Cheers,

Richard

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 13:40
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi Richard,

are you taking about umbracosetting ScheduledTasks section where we are writing interval attribute for url or  anythink related to TaskScheduler 1.0 .

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft