Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Banks 24 posts 44 karma points
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 12:49
    Ian Banks

Ucomments under Asp.Net 3.5

Hello

Has anyone got Ucomments running under asp.net 3.5, I've downloaded the source and downgraded the solution to 3.5, I installed the package and it seemed to install the necessary files. I added the form to a page which was fine and I entered some comments but unfortunately my comments didn't show up, I checked the database and no data had been saved.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 00:20
    Sebastiaan Janssen

What does it say in the umbracoLog table or your windows event log during the save of the form? 

I am assuming some kind of error is there. For me personally, ucomment under .net 3.5 works just fine,

• Ian Banks 24 posts 44 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 11:33
    Ian Banks

Thanks, I managed to get it working I just reinstalled it and it worked not sure why though.

• Andrew Waegel 126 posts 126 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 09:10
    Andrew Waegel

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same thing but am having a conceptual block. When I build ucomment from the source, which I can do successfully, how do I then install it as a package? All I see is a bunch of built files that look like they need to be copied into the umbraco installation.

Thanks,

- Andrew

Oct 11, 2010 @ 11:30
    Andrew Waegel

Looks like the answer is using NANT - nant.sourceforge.net

• eddy 43 posts 64 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 14:21
    eddy

Is is possible for one of you guys to post this package in a .Net 3.5 compatible format? I'd love to get this package working but just don't have the know-how to download source files, downgrade and repackage them.
    Thanks, Eddy

Oct 11, 2010 @ 19:04
    Andrew Waegel

Eddy, you can try the package that I made - it worked for me:

ucomment_3-5.zip

The packaging system is new to me but I'm happy to help if I can.

• eddy 43 posts 64 karma points
    Oct 14, 2010 @ 12:36
    eddy

Great! I appreciate the assistance Andrew. I'm a bit snowed under at the moment but look forward to testing that ASAP.

Eddy

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 10:35
    Paul A

Hi, What do I do with the 3.5 download? I've installed uComment... It's complaining (.net error) that it's not able to run under the current version of .net, but I can't uninstall as the package 'folder' won't open ... can't view installed, can't uninstall. Any ideas? Thanks,

Mar 06, 2011 @ 10:41
    Paul A

OK, I've managed to delete this. So how do I go about installing a 3.5 build though? Thanks for any pointers,

Mar 06, 2011 @ 10:44
    Paul A

A wise old man once told me: Never try to do umbraco stuff on a Sunday morning, without first having at least one coffee...

... Duuuh, you just install it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft