Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Oct 20, 2010 @ 12:25
    overflew

JS to change / ensure content dashboard is open?

Hi there,

Is there a Javascript call available in Umbraco that can check / change the dashboard section? I currently have a page that shows in the both the Content, and our custom section. It has a link that calls:

parent.right.document.location.href = 'editContent.aspx?id=' + id;

which does successfully load the content item both both instances of the page. When loaded from the Content dash, the tree updates. When loaded from the custom screen, the dash doesn't change - which I'd like it to (to the content tree)...

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Oct 20, 2010 @ 16:06
    Tim

When you say dash, do you mean the tree in the left hand side? Or are you talking about the main content panel on the right?

Oct 20, 2010 @ 21:40
    overflew

Ah - thanks Tim. I'm referring to the left-side area. The code above is able to change the content area (on the right), but I haven't been able to find out how to switch from the 'Custom' to the 'Content' section on the left.

Ideally I'll also touch up the JS so it doesn't refresh the left if it's already there...

Nov 20, 2010 @ 01:35
    overflew

So it's looking like this is the go:

UmbClientMgr.appActions().shiftApp('content', 'Content');

I've also tried: (as the use of the parameter differs by where you look)

UmbClientMgr.appActions().shiftApp('content', 'Content', false);
    UmbClientMgr.appActions().shiftApp('content', 'Content', true);

It's shifting the app correctly when I run it from the browser's JS console, but not when I run it from the page (which is in the content window, and inherits from BasePage) - Any suggestions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft