Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leon Jollans 41 posts 65 karma points
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 21:04
    Leon Jollans

TabView suggestion

Hi guys, I'm working on a wrapper class for the uicontrols.TabView that can be set up declaratively. So far I have the below working in a webforms page, assuming the jui xmlns is set to my dll. The only problem I have so far is that if you have one tab page with a menu, but another without, that tab page will fall short of the height of the viewport by the height of the ScrollingMenu bar.

<jui:TabView id="dashboardTabs" Width="400px" Visible="true" runat="server">
     <TabPage Text="Application details" HasMenu="true">
      <Menu>
       <Item ImageUrl="/umbraco/images/editor/bold.gif"
          IconWidth="20" IconHeight="20" OnClickCommand="doClick" />
       <DropDown>
        <asp:ListItem>one</asp:ListItem>
        <asp:ListItem>two</asp:ListItem>
       </DropDown>
       <Splitter />
       <DropDown>
        <asp:ListItem>three</asp:ListItem>
        <asp:ListItem>four</asp:ListItem>
       </DropDown>
      </Menu>
      <Content>
       content in the page.
       <div>
        <asp:Label ID="lblNow" runat="server" />
       </div>
      </Content>
     </TabPage>
     <TabPage Text="Test" HasMenu="false" />
    </jui:TabView>

I'm looking at various hooks to wiring up events a bit more easily, and accessing tabs better against the container rather than using GetPanels() and having to cast. There is an odd issue whereby if I set an ID on the TabPage (with the intention of referring to it in server code later) then the menu breaks - possibly content too, I didn't check that far, since the UL that makes up the tab headers has differently assigned IDs to the TabPages. I suspect there's an expectation that the id assigned by TabView.NewTabPage() won't by changed by clients. And as far as I can tell, it can't be anyway. Any suggestions welcome.

And any suggestions for the wrapper control, utility features and markup welcome too.

Cheers, Leon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft