Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Nov 02, 2010 @ 03:40
    overflew

Opening Umbraco in a modal iFrame

Hi there.

I've been requested to make the Umbraco backend available from the frontend, for members with a administrator role set. A little odd, but these things must be done.

Anyway, I'm using the jquery FancyBox plugin to open Umbraco in an iFrame. I was able to get /umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=(x) to open fine, but the save event fails, as it can't utilise the UmbClientMgr to call the ShowBubble call, and other operations fail from not being able to access the left content tree.

I've also tried opening /umbraco/umbraco.aspx in the iframe. The problem I'm having here is that only the 'topBar' area loads (search box, About Umbrco, etc), but the remainder of the page only displays as the loading animated GIF, and doesn't make it any further. (Umbraco works fine in its own window).

My questions are:

• Can anyone give me some pointers on what might be stopping Umbraco from loading in an iFrame?
    • Is there any way to have a dummy UmbClientMgr to field & ignore calls, so I can just load /umbraco/editContent.aspx?
    Thanks in advance.

Nov 02, 2010 @ 03:45
    overflew

Update - In the 'load all Umbraco' scenario, Firebug is reporting the following script error:

mainTree.addEventHandler is not a function

//add event handler for ajax errors, this will refresh the whole application
        var mainTree = UmbClientMgr.mainTree();
        if (mainTree != null) {
            mainTree.addEventHandler("ajaxError", function(e) {
                if (e.msg == "rebuildTree") {
                    UmbClientMgr.mainWindow("umbraco.aspx");
                }
            });
        }

Nov 16, 2010 @ 23:56
    overflew

K, so it turns out you can link to Umbraco with a string like so:

/umbraco/umbraco.aspx?rightAction=editContent&id=[nodeId]&app=content#content

...then you're in business. It seems to have to specify both the querystring + hashtag for the section, or it doesn't quite work.

And remember to replace [nodeId], obviously...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft