Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eduardo 106 posts 130 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 19:56
    Eduardo

Problems creating a new section in the backend

Hi,

I was trying to implement a new section in the Umbraco backend when I realized that:

- The title of the page states 'undefined'.

- Somehow the style I wrote for the icon(the image section) isn't showing correctly.

- When the new section shows (after clicking on the icon), Umbraco is displaying three nodes, the parent node (with the correct name) and its two children but, the text caption of the children icon is the sum of the two children nodes text captions. (weird!).

I followed this tutorial: http://www.geckonewmedia.com/blog/2009/8/3/how-to-create-a-custom-section-in-umbraco-4

Thanks beforehand.

Sincere regards,
    Eduardo Macho

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 17:44
    Tim

When you say title of the page, do you mean the title above the tree, or the title in the browser? That could be caused by the fact that you need to define your section in the dictionary for the site. Open up the file /umbraco/config/lang/en.xml (or the language file for the language you're using for the cms), find the part called <area alias="sections"> and add a new entry for your section, using the tree alias that you defined for your custom section. You may need to restart iis to see the change.

I'm not sure on the other two. You could try debugging the css with Firebug / Developer Toolbar in Firefox to see what's happening there? It could be that the CSS styles are being cached by the client dependency framework (if you're using 4.5+), in which case you could try invalidating the cache (delete the files in ~/App_Data/ClientDependency/ and restart IIS).

Hope that helps.

:)

Cheers,

Tim.

Nov 10, 2010 @ 17:57
    Eduardo

Hi Tim,

Thank you  for your answer. I am gonna check it.

Regards sincere,
    Eduardo Macho

Nov 11, 2010 @ 09:49
    Eduardo

Hi folks,

Now the chldren nodes caption is right but, the title is still stating "undefined" and I did everything you told me Tim.

What is the problem?

Sincere regards,
    Eduardo Macho

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft