Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Kristiansen 166 posts 382 karma points
    Nov 25, 2010 @ 15:36
    Niels Kristiansen

Help to create a .LESS package

Hi,

Is there anyone who could help me out, creating a .LESS package?

I can see how I take the dll into the package, but I can't find a way to place a code in the web.config, that depends on the IIS.
    If it's IIS6 you need to place one code and if it's IIS7 another code.

The reason for making this package is mostly to have a easy integration for webdesigners and not that technical minded people :)

Kind regards,

Niels Kristiansen

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Nov 25, 2010 @ 15:40
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Niels,

You'll want to create a package action for this, luckily you can find one that does just this in the package actions contrib project:

http://packageactioncontrib.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/54419#530900

You'll want to copy it to your project, and then setup the action in the package actions tab in the create package process.

Any problems, let us know.

Matt

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 06, 2010 @ 23:51

Hi Niels,

Have you had any luck creating this .LESS-package? I would love to see it...

Kenneth

• Niels Kristiansen 166 posts 382 karma points
    Dec 07, 2010 @ 15:48
    Niels Kristiansen

Hi Kenneth,

I haven't got the time for it, though I got the information from Matt. What I did instead is I have placed a step-by-step tutorial how to only implement .LESS into Umbraco.

The tutorial is placed right here:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/recommendations/recommended-reading-for-web-developers/less-and-integration-into-umbraco

Hopefully I get the time to make a .LESS package in the new year or if anyone else is up for it, can follow mine or Matts tutorial.

Hope that can help you,

Niels

• Justin Spradlin 139 posts 347 karma points
    Jan 17, 2012 @ 03:05
    Justin Spradlin

I followed the tutorial and added/extended the Less viewer from ubootstrap and compiled a new package. Check out uLess if you want an easy to install package with the ability to Add/Delete less files on the server from back office.

This is my first umbraco package so should I add the link to the wiki page, or is that a no-no?

Justin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft