Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Nov 29, 2010 @ 22:45
    Tom

Blog4Umbraco New Blog Post Screen Errors

Hi Guys on the content screen for blog for umbraco I'm getting

Could not load control '/usercontrols/Blog4Umbraco/CreatePost.ascx'. 
    Error message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.Node.GetCurrent() at umbraco.editorControls.tags.DataEditor.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at Umlaut.Umb.Blog.Dashboard.CreatePost.OnInit(EventArgs e) in C:\devdir\Blog4Umbraco\Umlaut.Umb.Blog\Umlaut.Umb.Blog\Dashboard\CreatePost.ascx.cs:line 82 at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e)

I've downloaded the source so that I can automatically mark all comments as spam so the admin moderates all comments as they requested.. I have also tried to add tags and it's added a "blank" tag for some reason?

All i did to install was get the latest package from codeplex.. install the package.. download the source.. make the modifications rebuild all and copy the dlls from \Blog4Umbraco\Umlaut.Umb.Blog\Umlaut.Umb.Blog\bin

is there something i'm missing?

Thanks so much,

Tom

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 30, 2010 @ 08:27
    Sebastiaan Janssen

What did you change in the source code? Is the placeholder control with ID "blogPostControls" still on CreatePost.ascx? 

You could just open up the source in VS and attach to IIS to debug the problem.

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 01:32
    Tom

All i changed in the source is the spam checker to always mark a comment as spam..

I didn't touch anything to do with the create post functionality.. this bug has been quite well documented on the forum but haven't heard of any resolution as of yet!

• jc 64 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 03:11
    jc

Maybe it's a permissions issue? Jason Prothero has a blog post on how to swap out the default SpamChecker assembly with one of your own, so you don't have to modify Blog4Umbraco source:

http://www.proworks.com/blog/2010/06/17/how-to-moderate-all-comments-in-blog-4-umbraco/

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/blog-4-umbraco/using-blog-4-umbraco/7079-Comment-Moderation,-How

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft