Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stc 72 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 10, 2010 @ 22:51
    stc

Debugging problems on Umbraco Juno

Hi guys,

Anyone having problems debugging on Umbraco Juno?

I'm trying to debug some .NET macro controls using VS2010 attach to process w3wp, however i'm yet to get any symbols loaded, although web.config has set umbracoDebugMode to true and I'm using debug builds...web.config also contains <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" batch="false" Framework="4.0">.

TIA

• Thomas Stock 40 posts 70 karma points
    Dec 11, 2010 @ 15:32
    Thomas Stock

Are you sure the latest build of your DLLs are copied to the umbraco site?

Try a complete rebuild, usually does the trick.

I doubt this has anything to do with it being Umbraco Juno.

• stc 72 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 16:26
    stc

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply, however I am using the latest build and have copied it to the bin folder of umbraco site. I've also notice one other strange thing.

Unless I copy the ascx.cs file to the usercontrols, where I copied user control .ascx files in the first place, the control won't render.

This is the error displayed (from umbrco stacktrace):

Error creating usercontrol (usercontrols/TPActive.ascx)
    The file '/usercontrols/TPActive.ascx.cs' does not exist.
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at umbraco.macro.loadUserControl(String fileName, Hashtable attributes, Hashtable pageElements) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\75c63e4d2422667e\umbraco\presentation\macro.cs:line 1260

If I copy the codebehind files then the usercontrol renders, and now even I do get an unempty breakpoint circle when I attach my vs2010 to w3wp, however I've not yet ever gotten a break triggered (even though I think I've placed breakpoints in vs2010 on more than engough places to get triggered at least once - i've even tried placing breakpoints inside usercontrol's ascx.cx Page_Load() event handler).

So what's the deal plase? I've not used .NET4 with umbraco yet, but I'm guessing it should be preety much the same as with 3.5, make an .ascx, compile it, copy just the .ascx to umbraco's usercontrols folder, add a macro to umbraco using new .ascx control, copy the dll built from the .ascx to the bin (am I missing something please)?!?!

TIA all again

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 23:18
    Aaron Powell

Are you using a Web Application project or a Web Site project in Visual studio?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft