Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 15:18
    Ismail Mayat

Removing umbraco.config issue

Guys,

Im just updating the demo site we have up at http://demo.thecogworks.co.uk from 4.0.3 to 4.5.2 all upgraded nicely.  

However i am having one issue, i have a script that resets the db every 20mins it restores the db and removes the umbraco.config file (used to remove it from /data however in 452 that file is in app_data) even after removing the file the old content still shows however after logging in and republishing xml cache it all works.  In 403 just removing that file used to work in 452 looks like you have to do something else. 

Does anyone one know what the republish index action does in 452 as well as removing the xml cache file it must be doing something else.

Regards

Ismail

• Soeren Sprogoe 575 posts 259 karma points
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 15:48
    Soeren Sprogoe

Try hitting /umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true at the end of your script. That should force 4.5 to clear all caches and do a rebuild/republish.

An "undocumented feature" that has saved me a couple of times when upgrading.

/SoerenS

Dec 20, 2010 @ 15:55
    Ismail Mayat

Gah you have to be logged in to run that page which makes sense but now i have extra step will see if i can figure out what that call does exactly and try implementing that step.

Regards

Ismail

Dec 20, 2010 @ 15:58
    Soeren Sprogoe

Doh. Yeah, that makes sense.

Maybe take a peek at the source code to see what it actually does, and implement that in your script?

/Soeren S.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:16
    Tom Fulton

Maybe try recycling the app pool/site?  Possibly the XML cache is still loaded in memory?

Dec 20, 2010 @ 16:51
    Ismail Mayat

Tom,

Thanks for that quick and dirty and works nicely as the famous hannibal used to put it i love it when a plan comes together!!

Regards

Ismail

Dec 21, 2010 @ 10:40
    Soeren Sprogoe

Out of curiosity: How do you recycle the app pool form a script?

/SoerenS

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft