Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Walker 43 posts 66 karma points
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 15:04
    John Walker

Media Picker alt text

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to extend the advanced media picker to add an extra input for alt text. I have added altText as an extra property on images. So when uploaded via the media section this works fine. But when uploaded using the mediapicker control the only fields are the name and the file.

Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 18:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

I don't think that such a picker is existing yet. But it's a very good idea indeed.

Maybe you should add it as a feature request? Maybe it's something the uComponents gang could be talked into making? :-)

/Jan

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 23:23
    Kim Andersen

Maybe you could add another field to the image media type called something like altText. Then in your XSLT, you can get the value of this field just like you get the umbracoFile, umbracoWidth etc.

You would then have to type in the alt text when you upload the image, but this would still be an alternative to nothing :)

/Kim A

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 08, 2011 @ 00:21
    Jan Skovgaard

@Kim

I think John is talking about the possibility to add an altText to the altText property he has already added on the image node.

When adding the image using the RTE and the improved media picker it would be nice if the media picker also showed the custom property fields so that you don't have to go to the media section and add the altText afterwards. That's a slow workflow, right? :-)

So an improved media picker, that can add custom properties from image or file nodes would be a very cool feature indeed. :-)

/Jan

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 08, 2011 @ 00:29
    Kim Andersen

Ahh yeah, my bad. Didn't get the whole picture and that you wanted to use the advanced media picker to upload the images. My bad.

/Kim A

• John Walker 43 posts 66 karma points
    Jan 09, 2011 @ 12:57
    John Walker

Yeah Jan thats what I need, I will add it as a feature request as feel it would be a good update.

Thanks both for your input.

John

• Dwayne A 97 posts 117 karma points
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 15:34
    Dwayne A

Great idea, guys. I'm sitting with the same issue. Missing an alt text property field on the standard media picker and the RTE picker, among others. It' s a pity. Has anyone requested this yet? This should be standard on all dataType media pickers IMHO.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft