Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sune Jepsen 25 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 09:59
    Sune Jepsen

Pick from custom section

Hey.

Im looking for some inspiration how to pick something from a custom section with custom trees to the contentpages. Concret I have a custom product section where all my products is administered, I want to let the user pick products to the contentpages, just like you can do with the media picker. How can I achieve this?

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 10:53
    Seth Niemuth

You will need to create a new data type, I would think you can use lots of the source for node picker or media picker for this purpose. Basically, your custom product picker would save as an INT datatype and save your product ID in the database against that content node.

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 11:57
    Matt Brailsford

Hey,

You could use my Universal Media Picker (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/universal-media-picker) and just write your own provider for it. That should cut out all the complexity of writing your own picker, as you just have to implement a few simple methods. There are also plenty of example providers for you to take inspiration from.

Many thanks

Matt

• Sune Jepsen 25 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 11:58
    Sune Jepsen

Ive triede to create a custom datatype based on the contentpicker where I assigned to the product tree. The problem is that when I pick something it tries to load the current page (product page from my custom section), which I dont want it to in this situation when I only want to pick the id. Anyone knows how too solve this?? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft