Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Travis 19 posts 46 karma points
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 11:30
    Travis

Examine + Lucene and a custom Similarity

I am trying to tweak some search scores on a very heavily modified Lucene index.  I have written my override of Similarity but can't work out exactly how to implement it.  

Do I need to compile it into Lucene .net?  Can I use a config to set it up or can I apply it via Examine when the search is done?  

Thanks for any input.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 12:47
    Aaron Powell

You're probably better off writing your own search interface. Examine abstracts away basically all of the Lucene features, and even when you create your own custom indexer you'll still have some restrictions placed on you by Examine. The reason for this is that from a generic, re-usable search module features such as this are not required and exposing them would make the API messy for the 'average' user.

If you know exactly what your goals are creating a Lucene interface isn't really that hard.

• Travis 19 posts 46 karma points
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 11:59
    Travis

In the end the solution was much easier than expected - we were not splitting some search terms by space.  Fixed that and our scores started to come in line with what we expected, didn't need to touch Lucene.  

Thanks for the help Slace, with you assistance we nailed the search requirements of the project.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft