Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manos Gatsios 21 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 12:05
    Manos Gatsios

Feedback during a lengthy process!

Hi all,

I am developing a control to go into a new tab on the content area in the back office. Through this control the user is able to upload a zip file and after hitting the upload button a lengthy process will start, creating content nodes among other things.

My question is how can I show some kind of progress to the user while the process is busy? Something like the counting of items when you publish a node including all its children. There is a small difference though: my control is not using the modal dialog functionality as it's getting loaded by Umbraco directly into the right pane.

I've tried a couple of things already with UpdatePanel/UpdateProgress stuff but nothing seems to work correctly (or I am doing something terribly wrong, one of two...).

Your thoughts please...

Manos

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 01:35
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Manos,

my 2 cents: there might be a solution using UpdatePanels, yet my bet would be to write your own AJAX functionality that reports back the progress. Maybe have a look at the Umbraco source code how the deletion of the recycle bin has been done?

Cheers, Sascha

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft