Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Essy 74 posts 96 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 17:47
    Essy

Package will not create Data Types

I have created a package with several new data types (based on the defaults e.g. checkbox list, macro container). Package installs OK but when I go to look at the data type(s) I just get an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No node exists with id '1186'
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1186'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: No node exists with id '1186']
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +397
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.setupNode() +67
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) +89
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition..ctor(Int32 id) +36
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.GetDataTypeDefinition(Int32 id) +142
    umbraco.cms.presentation.developer.editDatatype.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +432
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Data Type cannot be viewed, edited or even deleted but does disappear if package is uninstalled.

Has anybody else had this problem and if so does anyone know of a solution or a workaround?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 21:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Essy

Seems like the package you have created is expecting a certain node with the nodeid of 1186, which is not exiting in the umbraco instance you have just installed it on.

So I guess you'll need to update the id reference to the proper id of the node you want to use in/for your datatype. How is your package working? If you're counting on a certain node to always have the same id you're doomed to fail. You can't be sure of that. But on the positive side this is easy to change by modyfiying the nodeid to an id that exists in your instance.

This is a classical error, which I have made myself a couple of times. I hope the above makes sense. Otherwise just let us know :)

/Jan

Jan 26, 2011 @ 08:31
    Essy

Hiya Jan,

I can't see why the package should be expecting specific node ids. (The 1186 error was just an example - it happens with all my non-standard Data Types but obviously with different IDs) To my knowledge I haven't coded anything using specific node IDs - the Data Types were created in the normal way in Umbraco just with different names to reflect their purpose. I don't see how I *can* have entered an ID at any point for a Data Type.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2011 @ 08:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Essy

Well since the error states that a node with the nodeid is missing there must be something about it.

Don't you reference a node in your macro? Can you explaing what your macro does and what parameters it expects or perhaps show a screendump of it's parameters if it has got any?

Does your package contain any XSLT files, where an id could possibly have been hardcoded into it?

/Jan

Jan 26, 2011 @ 09:00
    Essy

I have 3 non-standard Data Types:

(a) hidden (a 'no-edit' Data Type)

(b) ps (a macro container Data Type which allows 8 different macros)

(c) a checklist with 3 preValues

When using the Data Types I reference them via the drop down list provided in the Document Type they are used in.

The package contains a number of XSLT  files with their respective macros but I can't see how these could reference the Data Types by id since no id ever appears in the interface for a Data Type (and I haven't resorted to hacking the database or the config files to try to find one!) - all Data Types show the GUID rather than an ID (and no I haven't been hardcoding with the GUID either before you ask). I reference the Data Types via their alias in the XSLT.

• mikerouse 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 14:27
    mikerouse

The exact same thing that Essy reports is happening with me. Was there ever a resolution to this?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 15:10
    Lee Kelleher

@mikerouse - it might be worth starting a separate thread, with some details of your set-up (Umbraco version, etc)?

Thanks, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft