Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Tootell 73 posts 118 karma points
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 13:30
    Neil Tootell

Examine: MultipleCharacterWildcard() on a word with an apostrophe

Hi all,

I'm going slightly deranged at the moment trying to solve a simple examine problem.

I'm using the MultipleCharacterWildcard() on my query and get an unusual result. Here's the compiled lucene query.

umbracoNaviHide:0 +(nodeName:world's* bodyText:world's* FileTextContent:world's*)

This returns zero results. But if I remove the wild-card (*) I get the results I was expecting. It only does this when there's a word with an apostrophe in it. I need the wild-card function to cover the majority of searches that don't have apostrophes in them.

I've looked around the internet and can't find any examples of an apostrophe causing lucene to work this way.

Has any body experienced this?

Thanks

Neil

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 23:19
    Aaron Powell

You probably need to call Escape before you use the Wildcard. I've never tested with apostrophized queries though

• Neil Tootell 73 posts 118 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 14:02
    Neil Tootell

Hi Shannon, I'm back on it tomorrow and will try the Escape method. It may interfere with my Phrased-Query system which is pretty epic to re-write. I'll let you know how I get on and mark it as the solution if all goes well.

Thanks for your time

Neil

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft