Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrei Yazik 24 posts 44 karma points
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 12:20
    Andrei Yazik

Cannot create user with UmbracoMembershipProvider

Hello all,

I've created a user registration page, and it uses Standard ASP .NET CreateUserWizard. But when I fill all the required fields and click "Create user", nothing happens, just the fields are reset. The same situation is with the login form. Could you help me with it, please?

Here is my code:

Create User page:

<script runat="server">

protected void newUserWizard_CreatedUser(object senderEventArgs e)
    {
        Roles.AddUserToRole(newUserWizard.UserName"BasicUsers");
    }

</script>

<asp:CreateUserWizard ID="newUserWizard" ContinueDestinationPageUrl="/default.aspx" OnCreatedUser="newUserWizard_CreatedUser" runat="server">
        <WizardSteps>
            <asp:CreateUserWizardStep ID="createUserWizardStep" runat="server"></asp:CreateUserWizardStep>
            <asp:CompleteWizardStep ID="completeWizardStep" runat="server"></asp:CompleteWizardStep>
        </WizardSteps>
    </asp:CreateUserWizard>

Login page:

<asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server"></asp:Login>

Provider configuration:

<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="UmbracoUser" passwordFormat="Hashed" />

Thank you,

Andrei

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 17:47
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sounds like a javascript conflict somewhere, please make sure that no javascript can interfere with the stuff that asp.net produces.

• Andrei Yazik 24 posts 44 karma points
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 17:37
    Andrei Yazik

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked my solution, but no javascript interfere my solution. May something else conflict with it?

Thanks in advance,

Andrei

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 28, 2011 @ 08:12
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Do you have any other forms (that do runat="server") on the page? You need to add validationgroup attributes to forms and fields if more of them are on the same page.

Other than that, I'm not sure what it could be. I'd start with a completely empty template and put the macro on there with the registration form, see if it works, and then when it does, add thing from your current template until it starts breaking.

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 28, 2011 @ 09:56
    Michael Latouche

Hi Andrei,

Did you create the memberType "UmbracoUser" in the Umbraco backend? Normally you should get an error if you did not, but it might be worth checking, you never know...

Cheers,

Michael.

• Gopal 5 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 12, 2014 @ 06:29
    Gopal

i have switch db from sql to mysql and all functionality work fine but when i create user from user section user doesn't create. please any idea for this

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft