Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 11:54
    Ismail Mayat

virtual directory issue

I am using umbraco 452 under iis7.  The website all works fine.  I have created in the website in IIS a virtual directory that points to shared folder on intranet. In the web.config under umbracoReservedPaths i have added /uploads/ which is name of the virtual folder.

When i try and access this folder i get 

Current node is null. This might be due to previewing an unpublished node. As the NodeFactory works with published data, macros using the node factory won't work in preview mode.
    Parameter name: Current node is 1095

Anyone seen this before?

Regards

Ismail

Feb 11, 2011 @ 12:11
    Ismail Mayat

ok bit further with this i made the virtual directory into application and now i get 

Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I know you can put another web.config in there to not load assemblies however this is a shared directory on another server. Am i missing something else?

Regards

Ismail

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 14:09
    Tom Fulton

Hi Ismail,

This is a virtual directory/application underneath your Umbraco site?  If so you should specify Umbraco's web.config not to inherit in child applications, if you have not done so already

See http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/16868-Non-Umbraco-Virtual-Directory?p=0

-Tom

Feb 11, 2011 @ 14:36
    Ismail Mayat

Tom,

Result! many thanks for this. Im getting a different error but its ACL related will sort that.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft