Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nico 9 posts 34 karma points
    Feb 16, 2011 @ 22:13
    Nico

Content Synchronisation Architecture

Hi,

I'm creating a product for synchronizing content between an ERP system and umbraco. The idea is that users can submit content through their familiar user interface in the ERP system. Then it get copied to Umbraco using a specific document type where an editor can fine tune the markup. After publishing content get send back to the ERP. Also when a node of a specific type is created in umbraco, it has to be synced to the ERP.

This is all great and stuff. I sync from the ERP to Umbraco using the webservices, this works just fine. However, I'm not sure what the best method is to sync back to the ERP. I thought about polling the readList method of the umbraco webservice on regular intervals. This, however, gives me 2 problems: i can't check the document type since umbraco always returns 0 for the DocumentTypeID property of the documentCarrier (Anyone?). The other "problem" is that I prefer to only retrieve data which I need. I can't, for example. retrieve all published nodes since a particular datetime.

So basicly i'm looking for an option for retrieving all published nodes of a specific document type from umbraco. The ERP has no webservices or whatsoever and it is not desirable to update it's database directly since this would require access from the webservices to the (internaly hosted) ERP system, so pushing the content directly to the ERP is not an option, how much i would like to do it that way.

Anyone? :)

Thanks a lot,

Nico

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft