Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:09
    jivan thapa

Storing Image in Database

HI, here is problem to accessing image or other files. Umbraco store image inside /Media/XXXX/ filename.ext. Lets say we have 3 server and One Database running.Each server sharing one database, Means database is same for 3 server.

Condition One: Editor(1) upload image to Server1 after 10 minutes, Server(1) gets CPU usage 100%. In that case  Mechanism will switch to Server(2)

now lets say Editor(1) upload image which will be stored in Server(2). after 10 minutes server(2) also gets CPU usage 100%, in that case Mechanism will switch to Server(3).

User visit website www.umb.com (for example). In that case server(3) will serve website for users. but two images that are stored in Server(1) and (Server(2) will not be available to user because umbraco store those image in server(1) and server(2) hard disk or in Server(1).......C:/.......... /Media/XXXX/ image1.jpg

To solve this problem one idea is to store image in database so that all server can have access.

How can i store image in database instead of /Media/XXXX/ filename.ext directory?

Thanks in advanced.

• kalor 12 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 18, 2011 @ 05:39
    kalor

Add my vote to this one. The typical method in ASP.NET is to create a showimage.aspx and embed it in your page. I'm converting my web app to Umbraco and can't get this way to work. I've tried using my showimage as an ascx that's registered with umbraco as a macro then added into a template so it comes out as an aspx, but to no avail.

EDIT: check that- the answer seems to be in http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst6151_Fetching-image-from-database-and-get-it-to-show-properly.aspx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft