Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JHaas 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 02:02
    JHaas

Custom Examine Index and document properties

I have a DocType that has optional fields, as well as fields that Luke returns as empty (true/false DataType) in the index.

Additionally, I have a custom DataType that is basically a DropDownList. Problem is that these DropDownList Values (not Text) are assigned differently than the Text assigned to the DataType.

So my question is: How do I handle such events where binding to a repeater yields a null value (thus causing an exception in the control), or a value that is not relevant to the text involved?

SearchResults.Value only has a get method, so how can I work with this?

Thanks in advance.

• JHaas 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 02:10
    JHaas

Correction: The DropDownList mentioned above is actually a RadioButtonList. OOPS on my part!

Note to admins: editing posts results in XSLT error.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Mar 13, 2011 @ 22:09
    Aaron Powell

I'm not sure I'm following what you're wanting to attach an event to, putting the data into the index or reading it out of the index?

If the former you should look at the GatheringNodeData event which you can attach with a class inheriting ApplicationBase (so it run when it starts up) or a HttpModule (which I personally prefer).

If the latter then your control (which I'm assuming is a repeater) will have an ItemDataBound event that you can attach to and check the index values using resultRow["SomeField"] ?? string.Empty

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft