Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Draper 36 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 06:56
    Daniel Draper

Custom application with CMS controlled content sections

We have a website build and managed using Umbraco. We are now developing a custom portal which we would like to integrate with Umbraco.

We plan on using the members features through the API but was wondering if it was possible to include a CMS controlled content section in one of my custom aspx pages? Allowing a content editor to update the content in the portal which is actually a custom .NET web application.

Cheers

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 07:31
    Harald Ulriksen

Hi Daniel,

if you're running under the samme context it should be possible to use the umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.Node to get data. Another option might be to use xml, either by tapping into umbraco.config directly (be carefull with locking issues) or perhaps the prefered way, which would be to use xml through a page template. See examples for rss feeds/site maps.

Hth,
    Harald

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 09:06
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Daniel,

Yes it's possible. You can create a custom form for the portal and use the Document object check this wiki article how to do that

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/creating-a-document

Cheers,

Richard

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 09:08
    Harald Ulriksen

Hi Daniel,

for updating see Richard's answer. However, if you cannot run under the same context you can interact with the document using the umbraco web services.

Cheers,
    Harald

• Daniel Draper 36 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 13:54
    Daniel Draper

Firstly thanks for the replied. Sorry not sure I was clear on my explanation, however Harald your first answer seems to be close to what I am after.

Here is an example:

Custom web application. I write a custom login page that works with Umbraco members. On this page there is some information:

• Login introduction test
    • Success message
    • Failure message
    I want to be able to create a page in Umbraco (lack of a better idea) with 3 text fields that allows the user to modify said text. The custom login page will automatically be updated because I told it to use page x field y for the success message etc.
    By all means if there is a better solution please let me know.
    Much appreciated
    Daniel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft