Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Accusoft 58 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 14:33
    Accusoft

Registering JavaScript/CSS inside an Umbraco Custom Control for a New Data Type

I'm working on a custom data type for Umbraco based on Tim's Blog Post: http://www.nibble.be/?p=90

I've got it *mostly* working, but I need to include a colorbox (http://colorpowered.com/colorbox/) for one of my displays.  This requires jQuery, jQuery's colorbox, and a colorbox.css with a bunch of images.  Since it's a custom control, I can't just drop the items in a directory and link to them.  My control is called DoctypeSelector and here is the code as it is now:

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI;

[assembly: System.Web.UI.WebResource("DocTypeSelector.Styles.colorbox.css", "text/css")]
    [assembly: System.Web.UI.WebResource("DocTypeSelector.Scripts.jquery.colorbox-min.js", "text/js")]
    [assembly: System.Web.UI.WebResource("DocTypeSelector.Control.DoctypeSelector.js", "text/js")]
    namespace DocTypeSelector
    {
        public class DoctypeSelectorControl : Panel
        {
            private HyperLink lnkSelector;

protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)
    {
    base.OnInit(e);

if (lnkSelector == null)
                 {
                    lnkSelector = new HyperLink();
    }

lnkSelector.Text = "Select...";
    lnkSelector.NavigateUrl = "#";
    lnkSelector.CssClass = "selectTool";

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlLink cssLink = new System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlLink();
    cssLink.Href = cssLink.Href = Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(this.GetType(),"DocTypeSelector.Styles.colorbox.css");

cssLink.Attributes.Add("rel", "stylesheet");

cssLink.Attributes.Add("type", "text/css");

this.Page.Header.Controls.Add(cssLink);

this.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<div style=\"display: none\"><div id=\"selectBox\">Welcome!</div></div>"));

this.Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptInclude(

"DocTypeSelector.DoctypeSelector.js",

this.Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(typeof(DoctypeSelectorControl), "DocTypeSelector.Control.DoctypeSelector.js"));

this.Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptInclude(

"DocTypeSelector.jquery.colorbox-min.js",

this.Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(typeof(DoctypeSelectorControl), "DocTypeSelector.Scripts.jquery.colorbox-min.js"));

}

}

}

It looks like the javascript and css are "attempting" to be embedded because i see extra links in the rendered page, but when I click them I get a: 

The resource cannot be found.

Thanks in advanced for any and all help!

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 14:41
    Tom Fulton

Hi Chris,

If you haven't already, you might need to set the Build Action to Embedded Resource in Visual Studio?

Otherwise are you sure the namespace/folders are correct?

-Tom

• Accusoft 58 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 14:42
    Accusoft

Hi Tom,

Sorry, should have mentioned that, but yes, all javascript and css files are set to embedded resource.

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft