Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• greengiant83 88 posts 109 karma points
    May 18, 2011 @ 15:11
    greengiant83

How to present a message back to user if publish was cancelled

From the Document.BeforePublish event, you have the option of cancelling the publish.  Is there a way to provide a message back to the user about what the problem is, so they can get a detailed idea of the problem?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 18, 2011 @ 15:53
    Tom Fulton

Unfortunately I don't think there's a simple/clean way to do it at this time - it's hardcoded to use the "Action was cancelled by a third party component" message

However, this is a common request - please vote up this issue on Codeplex so that it might be incorporated one day:  http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/21309

May 18, 2011 @ 21:53
    greengiant83

Boo.  Oh well, I just wrote a custom thing for it.  Sadly, I had to modify a source file to accomplish it.

May 18, 2011 @ 22:32
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

If you think the code is useful and you have a chance, you might update the Codeplex ticket with the code change you made...it may help speed things along, or someone may see it and create a fork for submission back into the core.  Or you are welcome to create a fork too if you have time :)

-Tom

May 18, 2011 @ 22:33
    greengiant83

I am not sure how those forks things work. I suppose I should probably look into that

May 18, 2011 @ 22:37
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

There is some info here:

Wiki:  Contributing to Umbraco

slace's Blog:  Umbraco & Mercurial: How to contribute  and  Mercurial 101 as an Umbraco developer

And again if the code simple enough to post in the comments of the codeplex ticket, someone else may do the dirty work :)

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft