Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mysterious 20 posts 40 karma points
    Jun 07, 2011 @ 05:53
    Mysterious

How to make Examine search for tags

Hi,

I've setup examine for my site and it work just fine, except that if I put one word in the tags field it return the document, but when I add more tags it doesn't return anything.

from what I understand that I need to write some event to replace the "," in the tags string with " ".

I don't know if this is the best practice to solve this issue, and I don't know how to start writing that Examine event, I mean where should I put the class, what the class that I have to inherit from and how to subscribe to that event

a full example will be appreciated.

I already saw the 3 videos for the Examine but they don't describe how to do this

any help is appreciated

• Arnold Visser 418 posts 778 karma points hq c-trib
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 15:56
    Arnold Visser

I got the same question. All is working, but this doesn't work properly now:

foreach (var searchTerm in SearchArray)
     {
     query query == null criteria.GroupedAnd(new string["tags" }searchTerm.Trim().MultipleCharacterWildcard():
                query.And().GroupedAnd(new string["tags" }searchTerm.Trim().MultipleCharacterWildcard());
     }

Some tips to get in the right direction would be great...

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 16:01
    Ismail Mayat

guys,

you need to use the gatheringnodedata event and for that field before it goes in index strip the commas then it will end up in field without the comma. Do a search on our for gatheringnodedata should find some code also from cg10 aaron did sample app with some code.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft