Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Philip 59 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 03, 2009 @ 23:44
    Philip

newbie membership question

Hi,
    I just downloaded version 4 of Umbraco. I have been away from the community, and have therefore not been able to read up on all the new features. What I do remember is that the membership system should be integreted in the newest version, is that correct?
    And are there any places I can read more about it, if I want to use it for a custom control?
    Sorry if these questions has already been answered before, but i couldn't find it also I dont know if this is the right place to ask, so please be so kind to move it if there is a more suitable place to ask such questions.

• Mike McCullough 54 posts 67 karma points
    Jan 04, 2009 @ 05:03
    Mike McCullough

Yes version 4 has the same membership system as V3 but has the added ability to use different membership providers.

This is the package i use for membership controls. It's very good and comes with the source if you want to see how it works.

http://www.wibeck.com/articles/umbraco-member-controls-and-editable-member-profiles.aspx

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 04, 2009 @ 09:27
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Phil,

Version 4 is using the ASP.NET Membership provider model now. So you can use the normal ASP.NET Controls. A nice thread on the Umbraco 4 Membership functionality can be found here

Richard

• Philip 59 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 04, 2009 @ 11:55
    Philip

Thank you both, I will do some reading now :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft