Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ddella 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 15, 2011 @ 09:18
    ddella

Advertising Management

I just started a project in order to create an advertising management extension for Umbraco
    You can download the source code of the initial version if you want to help us on this project : http://advertmanagement.codeplex.com/

As this is just the start, my project is almost empty but I will soon work on it. Any help / ideas / suggestions are welcome.

The objective of this project is to create a package that would provide a new tool to manage advertising into Umbraco website.
    This would be used in the back office to :

• Add, Update, Remove a new advertising insert
    • Define the start date and the end date of the advert campaign
    • Define the size of the advert (see www.iab.net for advertising standard)
    • Define its content :
      • An image
      • An image rotator
      • An expandable image (image opening a modal popup)
      • Flash/video content
    • Select the pages where to display the advert
    • Define some rules about the brand’s advert and some articles/posts about the brands
    • Eg : An advert for Coca Cola will never be displayed in a post about Pepsi

The objective is to give flexibility to the administrators and writers in the Umbraco backoffice to manage their own advertising

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Jun 15, 2013 @ 23:39
    Greg Berlin

Hey... just wondering how you went with this?  I am building a site that needs advertisiting functionality so I may use your code as a base to start from if it's made it anywhere.

I also need the following functionality:

• logging of advert impressions
    • setting limits on impressions (so i can sell by impressions instead of time period)
    • logging of clicks, and setting limits as another sell option

I haven't really thought it through completely as the site is still only in the planning stages, just starting to poke around and see what's there already as a kick-start. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft