Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pvassalo 21 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 16, 2009 @ 19:49
    pvassalo

Data Type Not Found

Hi everyone,

I was trying to add a new custom data type (with a wrapped user control). I added the binaries to the bin and user control to the usercontrols folder. I added a custom data type but then delete the files by mistake.
    No everytime I try to open the Data Types tree, I get an error:
    "No dataType with id = 1093 found"
    I tried putting the files there again, but the some error continues. Does anyone have a clue how can I get the tree to work again?

Here is the stacktrace:
    [quote]
    " at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.setupDataTypeDefinition() in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\DataType.cs:line 67\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition..ctor(Guid id) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\DataType.cs:line 46\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.GetDataTypeDefinition(Guid id) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\DataType.cs:line 279\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.GetAll() in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\DataType.cs:line 182\r\n at umbraco.loadDataTypes.Render(XmlTree& tree) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\Trees\loadDataTypes.cs:line 61\r\n at umbraco.cms.presentation.tree.LoadTree(String treeAlias) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\tree.aspx.cs:line 87\r\n at umbraco.cms.presentation.tree.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\tree.aspx.cs:line 50\r\n at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)\r\n at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)\r\n at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccnet\Source\Umbraco 4\umbraco\businesslogic\BasePages\BasePage.cs:line 287\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)"
    [/quote]

Thanks!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 17, 2009 @ 09:19
    Dirk De Grave

Hi,

It seems that a db record has dissappeared... At least, when looking at the code, this should be the error. Don't think it will help to put the record back in (Btw, don't think you know what Guid to use as controlId in the db...)

It doesn't hurt to do:

- Cache cleanup, as datatype definition id's are stored in cache as well.
    - Touch the web.config to the app gets reloaded...

Does that help.

Regards,
    /Dirk

• pvassalo 21 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 19, 2009 @ 12:40
    pvassalo

Thanks for for the feedback!
    I already tried touching the web.config and recompiling the app but the some error remains
    How do I clean up the cache? :-k
    thanks!!

• Ricardo 24 posts 56 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 11:22
    Ricardo

Having the same problem here? Deleted a Document Type and changed references in documents and now

[ArgumentException: No dataType with id = 1584 found]

Can not access Document Types and Data Types are not displayed. Spent all morning trying to fix the problem and no solution.

Umbraco should be more careful and verify before letting people do potentialy risky operations.

Umbraco is quite unstable :(

Mar 17, 2011 @ 12:04
    Ricardo

Just downloaded the Umbraco source code to try to understand what is going on. Why a little change blow up all the system.

Ahh, bad practice have no stored procedures and SQL is inside the code:

using (IRecordsReader dr = SqlHelper.ExecuteReader("select dbType, controlId from cmsDataType where nodeId = '" + this.Id.ToString() + "'"))
                {
                    if (dr.Read())
                    {
                        _controlId = dr.GetGuid("controlId");
                    }
                    else
                        throw new ArgumentException("No dataType with id = " + this.Id.ToString() + " found");
                }

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 12:14
    Hendy Racher

Hi Ricardo,

Obvioulsy backup your database first, but the following might fix the missing datatypes issue:

DELETE FROM umbracoNode WHERE id = 1584

I've had an issue like this where the row in the umbracoNode identifying a datatype exists, but the actual datatype doesn't.

Can't comment on the document types issue, as not sure what was changed.

HTH,

Hendy

Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:05
    Ricardo

Hi Hendy,

Exactly the delete solved the problem :)

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft